The following news is brought to you by Immunize.org, from their IZ Express Newsletter.
Ask the Experts: Immunize.org answers questions about Haemophilus influenzae type B (Hib) Vaccination and COVID-19 Vaccines.
As an additional service to IZ Express readers, we periodically publish special editions such as this one, providing you with new and updated Ask the Experts questions and answers from Immunize.org’s experts. This issue includes 4 Q&As about Hib vaccination and 7 questions from Immunize.org’s Ask the Experts COVID-19 vaccination Q&As, last updated on August 3, 2022. Because COVID-19 vaccination recommendations and clinical guidance are updated frequently, Immunize.org reminds our readers to visit CDC’s web page Use of COVID-19 Vaccines in the United States regularly.
You can find all of these Q&As and more than a thousand other Q&As about vaccines and vaccine administration on our “Ask the Experts” main page at www.immunize.org/askexperts.
Immunize.org’s team of experts includes Kelly L. Moore, MD, MPH (team lead), Carolyn B. Bridges, MD, FACP, and Iyabode Beysolow, MD, MPH.
Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) vaccination questions
- Q: What Hib vaccines are available in the United States?
- Q: What is the Hib vaccine schedule for children who have fallen behind or are completely unvaccinated?
- Q: Can all of the licensed Hib-containing vaccines be used interchangeably?
- Q: Which adults should receive Hib vaccine?
COVID-19 Vaccination Questions
- Q: Who is eligible to receive a booster dose of a COVID-19 vaccine?
- Q: What is the Novavax COVID-19 Vaccine?
- Q: How well does the Novavax COVID-19 Vaccine work?
- Q: What are the recommendations for COVID-19 vaccination of children younger than age 12 years?
- Q: My patient turns 12 years old later this month. Should they get the lower-dose Moderna or Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine formulation approved for age 11 years now or wait and get the higher dose products authorized at age 12?
- Q: A 3-year-old child in my practice who received a first dose of Moderna COVID-19 vaccine at an outside clinic just received a dose of Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine as dose 2 instead of the second dose of Moderna vaccine. Do we need to give another dose?
- Q: Why has CDC provided the option to increase the interval between dose 1 and dose 2 of mRNA and Novavax COVID-19 vaccines up to 8 weeks?