The following news is brought to you by Immunize.org, from their IZ Express Newsletter.
- View your state’s stats. CDC’s interactive web tool updated with 2021 Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS) data on adult vaccination rates.
- “Cholera Vaccine: Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, 2022” published in MMWR Recommendations and Reports
- “Incidence of Monkeypox among Unvaccinated Persons Compared with Persons Receiving ≥1 Jynneos Vaccine Dose—32 U.S. Jurisdictions, July 31–September 3, 2022” published in MMWR Early Release
- Keep up with influenza this season: use CDC’s FluView surveillance reports and Influenza Vaccination Dashboard, updated weekly
- World Meningitis Day celebrated October 5. Are you advocating for adolescents to get MenB and second-dose MenACWY vaccine?
- Invite your colleagues to subscribe to IZ Express so they don’t miss the latest immunization news!
- Spotlight: “Ask the Experts” answers more than 1,200 questions on vaccines and vaccinations
- Journalists interview Immunize.org experts
- Vaccines in the news
Immunize.org Pages and Handouts
- Immunize.org updates its patient handout, “You’re 16…We Recommend These Vaccines for You!”
- Recap: These updated Immunize.org educational materials and web pages for clinicians were released during August and September
- Immunize.org updates “Pre-exposure Management for Healthcare Personnel with a Documented Hepatitis B Vaccine Series Who Have Not Had Post-vaccination Serologic Testing”
Vaccine Information Statements
- “Association between Aluminum Exposure from Vaccines before Age 24 Months and Persistent Asthma at Age 24 to 59 Months” published in Academic Pediatrics
- NIH-funded study links COVID-19 vaccination and temporary increase in menstrual cycle length
- “Estimation of COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine Effectiveness against Medically Attended COVID-19 in Pregnancy during Periods of Delta and Omicron Variant Predominance in the United States” published in JAMA Network
- “Widespread Hepatitis A Outbreaks Associated with Person-to-Person Transmission—United States, 2016–2020” published in MMWR
- “Effectiveness of a Second COVID-19 Vaccine Booster Dose against Infection, Hospitalization, or Death among Nursing Home Residents—19 States, March 29–July 25, 2022” published in MMWR