The following news is brought to you by Immunize.org, from their IZ Express Newsletter.
Click here to subscribe to the Immunize.org IZ Express newsletter.
- Federal Inflation Reduction Act signed into law expands access to all ACIP-recommended vaccines without cost-sharing for Medicaid and Medicare Part D beneficiaries
- Immunize.org posts new VIS translations in Haitian Creole and Portuguese
- As schools reconvene, CDC calls on healthcare providers and families to catch up on childhood vaccinations
- CDC posts “Resources to Promote COVID-19 Vaccines for Children & Teens”
- Spotlight: Immunize.org’s resources focused on vaccine-preventable diseases, one disease at a time
- Journalists interview Immunize.org experts
- Vaccines in the news
- Reminder: What you measure gets better! Vaccine Track gives users access to data on uptake of CDC-recommended adult vaccines.
- AIM creates infographic with actionable recommendations for stakeholders to increase vaccine confidence
- Off the Charts podcast posts new episode titled “Childhood Vaccines and Disparities”
- Recognize colleagues and students with Immunize.org’s elegantly designed “Vaccines Save Lives” black enamel pins
- “Public Health Response to a Case of Paralytic Poliomyelitis in an Unvaccinated Person and Detection of Poliovirus in Wastewater—New York, June–August 2022” published in MMWR
- “Safety Monitoring of Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine Booster Doses among Children Aged 5–11 Years—United States, May 17, 2022–July 31, 2022” published in MMWR
- Virtual (today): NFID hosts webinar “Monkeypox Updates” on August 24; CME available
- Virtual: NFID and ACOG host “The Benefits of Maternal Immunization: 2-for-1 Approach to Disease Prevention” webinar on August 30; CME available
- On-demand: American Public Health Association and the National Academy of Medicine’s recorded webinar on “Monkeypox: The State of the Science”
- On-demand: CDC’s “The Pink Book” chapter webinars on vaccine-preventable diseases and best practices roll out weekly. Meningococcal chapter now available, with CE.