The following news is brought to you by Immunize.org, from their IZ Express Newsletter.
- Immunize.org updates its “Ask the Experts: COVID-19” content, incorporating vaccination of children under age 5 and Novavax vaccine for adults
- CDC expands its interim clinical considerations for monkeypox vaccination, including guidance for a new intradermal administration option for Jynneos
- Immunize.org updates new “Vaccines: Monkeypox” main page with the latest CDC and FDA resources on Jynneos and the alternative intradermal dosing regimen
- American College Health Association releases two new toolkits to encourage vaccination of college students and build vaccine confidence on campus
- Back-to-school season is here! Spotlight: Immunize.org resources focused on adolescent vaccination.
- August is National Immunization Awareness Month; continue to promote resources using #ivax2protect
- Vaccines in the news
- What you measure gets better! Vaccine Track gives users access to near real-time data on uptake of CDC-recommended adult vaccines.
- Boost Oregon announces a TikTok challenge to improve young people’s COVID-19 vaccination rates; upload submissions by August 26
- Organizing a new vaccination program? Use Immunize.org’s Vaccinating Adults: A Step-by-Step Guide—free to download by chapter or in its entirety.
- “Association of COVID-19 Vaccination during Pregnancy with Incidence of SARS-CoV-2 Infection in Infants” published in JAMA Internal Medicine
- “COVID-19 Vaccination Intentions, Concerns, and Facilitators among U.S. Parents of Children Ages 6 Months through 4 Years” published in JAMA Network Open
- Virtual: CHOP’s Current Issues in Vaccines webinar on September 14 features Dr. Paul Offit discussing COVID-19 boosters, yearly vaccines, and variant-specific vaccines; CE available
- On-demand: CDC’s recorded chapter-by-chapter webinars on vaccine-preventable diseases and best practices from “The Pink Book” roll out weekly; CE available