The following news is brought to you by Immunize.org, from their IZ Express Newsletter.
- Immunize.org launches a new social media program to highlight our educational resources; please like and share on your channels!
- August is National Immunization Awareness Month; promote vaccination with helpful resources for all ages
- Autism Society of America releases its “Guide to Accessible Vaccine Clinics”
- World Hepatitis Day was recognized on July 28; share Immunize.org’s resources all year long
- Spotlight: Review of resources at Immunize.org focused on communications
- Vaccines in the news
- American Academy of Pediatrics develops interactive map to explore each state’s vaccination rates and compare them with national rates
- On Voices for Vaccines’ new podcast, William Schaffner, MD, describes what’s going on with non-COVID-19 respiratory viruses
- CHOP’s Vaccine Education Center releases MMR vaccine and hepatitis B vaccine infographics and updates COVID-19 infographic
- Vaccine Makers Project adds new video playlist, “Fetal Cells and Vaccines: The Why and How,” featuring Stanley Plotkin, MD, and Paul Offit, MD
- Explore the www.Give2MenACWY.org website to increase coverage for the MenACWY booster and other adolescent vaccinations
- “Safety Monitoring of COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine Second Booster Doses among Adults Aged ≥ 50 Years—United States, March 29, 2022–July 10, 2022” published in MMWR
- “Human Papillomavirus Vaccine Impact and Effectiveness through 12 Years after Vaccine Introduction in the United States, 2003 to 2018” published in Annals of Internal Medicine
- “Progress toward the Elimination of Mother-to-Child Transmission of Hepatitis B—Worldwide, 2016–2021” published in MMWR