The following news is brought to you by Immunize.org, from their IZ Express Newsletter.
Click here to subscribe to the Immunize.org IZ Express newsletter.
- “Interim Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices for Use of Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccines in Children Aged 6 Months–5 Years—United States, June 2022” published in MMWR
- CDC offers resources for healthcare professionals on the ongoing monkeypox outbreak, including vaccine guidance and how to identify monkeypox
- Immunize.org posts Spanish translation of smallpox/monkeypox Vaccine Information Statement
- Immunize.org posts new Vaccine Information Statement for Ebola vaccine
- Immunize.org updates “You Must Provide Patients with Vaccine Information Statements (VISs) – It’s Federal Law!” and “Dates of Current Vaccine Information Statements (VISs)”
- Immunize.org updates two patient handouts, “Vaccinations Needed during Pregnancy” and “Human Papillomavirus (HPV): A Parent’s Guide to Preteen and Teen HPV Vaccination”
- Immunize.org revises “Standing Orders for Administering Inactivated Poliovirus Vaccine to Children and Teens”
- Invite your colleagues to subscribe to IZ Express so they don’t miss out on immunization news!
- Spotlight: Check out Immunize.org’s companion websites
- Journalists interview Immunize.org experts
- Vaccines in the news
Immunize.org Pages and Handouts
- Recap: These updated Immunize.org educational materials and web pages for clinicians were released during May and June
Vaccine Information Statements
- CDC offers “You Call the Shots” interactive, web-based training that discusses vaccine-preventable diseases and vaccination, including updated pneumococcal and meningococcal modules; CME, CNE, and CPE available
- Vaccinate Your Family launches “Their Best Shot” campaign to raise awareness of missed childhood vaccinations during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Sesame Street releases “Elmo Gets the COVID-19 Vaccine” PSA, noting that vaccination is the best way to stay healthy
- NFID releases two infographics on pneumococcal disease and the vaccines for adults, as well as “Protecting Adults from Pneumococcal Disease through Vaccination” training module; CE available
- NFID offers online CME activities with resources to help decrease disparities and increase vaccination rates among adolescents and adults
- Meningitis B Action Project releases 8-page meningococcal vaccination guide with algorithms for healthcare providers