Benefits of Joining ICLAC
- Regular immunization and vaccine-preventable disease email updates from the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health and other partner organizations
- Participation in ICLAC workgroups and on the Steering Committee
- Partnership with other immunization stakeholders in LA County that share your immunization-related goals/interests
- Technical assistance from ICLAC on your organization’s immunization-related projects and services
To join ICLAC please complete and submit this brief New Participant Form. Please follow the submission instructions on the cover page of the form.
How Specific Groups Can Help ICLAC
- Educate the general public on the benefits of vaccines
- Provide media coverage for annual community immunization awareness events such as National immunization Awareness Month and Preteen Vaccine Week.
- Report vaccine information from medically reliable sources
- Report positive messages regarding vaccines and their benefits
- Understand the public’s right to know all the facts and report comprehensive, balanced information
- Propose and support legislation that reduces out-of-pocket costs for immunizations to uninsured and under-insured LA County residents
- Learn about your constituents’ immunization coverage levels and know which groups might be at higher risk for acquiring and spreading vaccine-preventable diseases
- Support health policies that will improve and maintain a vaccine delivery system that increases access to immunizations across the lifespan (from infancy to adulthood)
- Participate in outreach campaigns and events sponsored by immunization coalitions and stakeholder
- Review the vaccination history of all new patients to determine which vaccines are needed and/or up-to-date. Document the vaccination history in the patient’s medical record.
- Assess only medically indicated vaccine contraindications
- Utilize reminder/recall systems (e.g. automated phone calls, emails, scheduling the patient’s next visit before they leave the office) to facilitate completion of the vaccination series
- Communication vaccine risk-benefit information to parents and adult patients
- Join California’s immunization registry at www.cdph.ca.gov.